August 7, 2017
Dear Riverton Elementary Family and Friends,
It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I write this welcome letter for the 2017-2018 school year as the new principal of Riverton Elementary School. I am both excited and honored to become a part of the Riverton School Community.
This summer, I have been spending much of my time getting to know the building, the school’s staff and becoming familiar with Riverton’s School Success Plan. In doing so, I have learned that Riverton is a very unique and special school where strong relationships are made between home and school, and staff members are dedicated to meeting the needs of all learners. In her time as principal, Mrs. Malia has built a strong foundation of academic excellence at Riverton, and I am committed to continuing her legacy.
For the 2017-2018 school year at Riverton Elementary, we will continue the structures that have assisted our progress over the last six years. These structures include:
- Grade-level teacher collaboration, coaching and co-teaching
- Partnerships with C-Port Credit Union, Riverton Community Partnership, Learning Works, St. Joseph’s College, Boys and Girls Club, Foster Grandparent Program through Opportunity Alliance, Side x Side, Culture Club and others!
- Professional development in Reader’s/Writer’s Workshop, Everyday Math, PBIS and Second Step
- Targeted Title One interventions for students who have not yet met proficiency
- The BEST Parent-Teacher Organization!!! The PTO Board outside of the office displays some of the exciting events the PTO provides for our students, staff and community. Parents are automatically members!
I am excited for the year ahead and looking forward to working together in creating a positive and successful school year for everyone!